Here are some easy to follow poker tips to improve your poker game. 10 Easy pointers to get rid of those costly holes in most players poker strategy. Follow these tips and easily reduce those unprofitable moves and improve your winning poker strategies.
1. Don’t overplay Ace King … AK is called big slick for a reason. Always remember it’s only a drawing hand, it’s NOT a favourite against a smaller pair even against any other lower cards its still only 66% favourite. Know when to give Ace King up and if your facing a big raise or a re-raise you should probably get the hint … full article on playing ace king.
2. Don’t have a favourite or lucky hand … Just because you got lucky once with 72 suited doesn’t mean this is a good reason to always play it, in any position at any price. Don’t think because you’ve seen some pro pull off a bluff with 23 suited you’ll be able to do the same. Luck hands don’t have some kind of odds defying qualities – They did just get lucky.
3. Keep Focused … Boredom is always a problem online and this leads to playing too many hands and not watching hands that your not involved in. Watch every hand, make notes and try to pick up other players weak points and betting patterns. By focusing on the game you will be more involved even when you haven’t got money in the pot which will win you more money.
4. Never Drink and Play … Simple just don’t do it, playing drunk or drinking while playing is a sure fire way to throw away your bankroll. You will be easier to tilt, swifter to call marginal hands or make just plain crazy bets for the hell of it.
5. Don’t Play over your Head … Avoid playing poker games you simply don’t have the bankroll for. If your playing with money you can’t afford to loose or with all of your bankroll at any one time, you won’t be playing comfortably and if you bust out – your broke. Check out our full article on bankroll management.
6. Watch and Learn … Railbirding, watching other players online may seem like valuable time wasted when you could be playing at the tables yourself but you can learn a lot. Pick out some of the higher stakes games and just watch and learn, being out of the game enables you to spot plays and moves which you may not notice if you were actively involved.
7. Play Small Pairs Cheaply … Don’t overplay small pairs like 22-77, don’t make crazy pre-flop raises with them, don’t call big bets on the flop if you haven’t made trips. Consistently playing small pocket pairs is a sure way to eat your chip stack, only play them cheaply and when you have a lot of callers to give you pot odds.
8. Button & Position … The button is simply the most powerful position to be in (which is why it moves round). Make the most of it when your on the button take control of the table, loosen your card requirements and be aggressive. If you have a weaker hand aim to steal the blinds, if you have a strong hand you can drive home your advantage as players will think your just stealing from the button.
9. Stay out of Trouble … Avoid getting too involved in the early stages of tournaments including SNG’s. Loose maniacs will try to steal and make big all-in moves, leave them to it unless you really hit a big hand like pocket aces, kings or queens then you can take them down. Drawing hands are not worth the risk early doors.
10. Make Player Notes … This is really valuable and gives you a bit advantage as you build up information on specific players and their betting patterns. Check out our full article on making poker player notes for more information.